Saturday, November 22, 2008

Iran: policies

In the Bandprison of the city Bandar Abbas is november 20 a man hanged.
The newsagency ISCAnews reported that the man, Majid J., was convicted for drugstrafficking.
Fars newsagency reports that last Monday Ali Ashtari, 45 is hanged.
Ashtari was convicted for espionage for Israel.
After his arrest in 2007 he admitted having had contacts with agents of Israelian Mossad and receiving $50,000 to buy internet cables and satellite phones. He was found guilty on June 30th and sentenced to death.

USA asks Iran again to cooperate in finding Robert Levinson, the American who disappeared from Kish Island last year.
There still is no information about what happened to him after his arrival. He was last seen checking out of the hotel Maryam.

The Iranian minister of Labor and Social Affairs Mohammad Jahromi has announced that he will run in the presidential elections.
He has played a role in laying out the government's economic policy during the Ahmadinejad legislation.
Recently he made critically comments over the non-implementation of a number of economic directives, especially the government's monetary, stock market and employment policies.
Former interior minister, Mostafa Pourmohammadi, has also announced his candidacy for the 2009 presidential elections.

The daily Kargozaran writes that the Iranian Minister of Energy confirmed that the drinking water of the city of Tehran is contaminated with the dangerous element nitrate.
He could not say how the drinkingwater got contaminated.
Dams supply 70 percent of Tehran’s water consumption, while the remaining 30% is pumped from wells, a number of which are in the capital.
It is possible at times that the water from wells may be mixed with sewage.

Reporters without Borders condemns the arrest of Shahnaz Gholami, an onlinejournalist who was arrested November 9th.There are no official reasons given for her arrest.
September 20th, she was sentenced to six months in prison for "publicity against the Islamic Republic,” on the blog Azar Zan (fa),but she was free pending the outcome of her appeal.

In Iran there are childoffenders, still on death row.

Children are being hanged to death.
A child will be hanged to death.

No comments: